Students and families:

Distance learning has been a significant undertaking for teachers, students, and families. The impact on learning is hard to measure; assigning grades has been difficult as well. Eastern Carver County Schools is committed to ensuring that students are not harmed by grading procedures during distance learning. Teachers have been asked to assign grades of A – D that best reflect their measurement of student learning during this period. Students who have not been able to show learning at a minimum level will receive an NG (or No Grade) instead of an F. These grades are now visible through Parent Portal and Student Portal on the report card. To view your grades, follow the steps at this link.

Students and families have the option of accepting letter grades (A – D) that have been assigned to you, or you may change any letter grade to a P (or Pass).  The P indicates that a student has met the minimum expectations for the course. Any class receiving a P will not be used to calculate grade point averages.

USE THIS FORM to request a grade change to a “P” for one or more of your classes.

  • If you do not want to change your letter grades to a P, you can choose to do nothing.
  • To fill out the form, the student must be logged into their school email google account (
  • The form must be filled out for each class that needs a grade change. For example, a student who only wants to change one class to a P needs to fill the form out once;  a student who wants to change three classes to a P must fill out the form three times.
  • Grades posted as NG cannot be changed to P.
  • Changes may take several days to be reflected on the student’s report card.
  • Please fill out and submit the form by Friday, June 12 at 3:00 PM.

If you have questions or need help, please call the school’s Registrar at 952-556-7631, June 8-12, between the hours of 9 a.m. and 12:30 p.m.